Player's Code of Conduct
The Brooklyn Youth Hockey Association (BYHA) strives to provide a safe and fun youth hockey program that allows our players the opportunity to develop hockey skills and promote good sportsmanship, leadership and teamwork. Board members, coaches and parents will lead by example to help our skaters develop good judgment and take pride in themselves and their teammates.
A Cleveland Shark will:
· Play for fun.
· Work hard to improve his/her skills.
· Be a team player – get along his/her teammates and be respectful. Each Shark represents the Cleveland Sharks in and out of the rink.
· Learn teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline.
· Be on time.
· Learn the rules and play by them. Always be a good sport.
· Respect the coaches, teammates, parents, opponents and officials.
· Control his/her temper and language on the bench, in the rink, and at any team/Association function.
· Never argue with an official’s decision. A Shark will skate straight to the bench and seek Coach guidance.
· Not fight, become violent or overly aggressive in a play(s) in hockey, where the obvious intent is to injure or harm another player. This type of behavior is not becoming of a Shark and the BYHA has a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior.